These days, more construction companies than ever are focused on going green with their material selections and construction processes. Going environmentally friendly doesn’t just help to protect the environment—it can also qualify businesses and homeowners for tax deductions and help eliminate waste at job sites.
While eco-friendliness might not be your top reason for selecting steel for your buildings, there’s no denying that it is an extremely green and sustainable alternative to building with wood or other types of materials.
Here are just a few examples of the eco-friendliness of metal buildings in Maricopa County, AZ:
- Preserve resources: You’ll end up using a lot less material with a metal building than you would with other materials, especially wood. For a single 2,000 square foot house, you’ll need about an acre’s worth of trees to get the job done. That’s a significant environmental impact that you won’t have to worry about when choosing metal instead.
- Prefabrication: Steel buildings are prefabricated, a process that comes with many of its own benefits. The speed of the construction process is much faster, as all of the materials are already cut to the exact dimensions you need to get the project done. This means significant amounts of money saved on labor, as there isn’t as much time spent working on the actual construction of the project. You also don’t need to hire as many workers to construct a prefabricated building, and the workers you do hire won’t be working as many hours anyway. Finally, because there’s less time spent working on construction, you’ll eat up significantly less gas with the construction equipment, which is another way to save money and protect the environment during the building process.
- Energy efficiency: About 50 percent of a building’s energy consumption comes from heating and cooling. Steel buildings are very energy efficient, as they have insulated panels and a reflective roof, meaning you can save quite a bit of money on your heating and cooling costs.
- Emissions: Steel production plants are often so efficient that they do not produce any carbon dioxide emissions, which adds to how environmentally friendly they are. Plus, all of the water used to make steel can be recycled and used in other applications—you don’t have to worry about it being tainted with chemicals or other substances that would damage the quality of the water.
- Durability: Steel simply lasts for a long time. Much longer, in fact, than wooden versions, because there’s much less that could potentially go wrong in using them.
- Landfill space: Because your steel buildings are entirely recyclable, you don’t have to worry about their materials taking up space in a landfill if you ever have to dismantle them. Instead, the materials will be used for another building project somewhere else.
Looking for more reasons why you should opt for metal buildings in Maricopa County, AZ for your next construction project? Contact the team at Diamondback Carports today and we’ll answer any questions you have.
Categorised in: Prefabricated Metal Buildings