You’ve made a significant investment in a commercial carport. Understandably, you want to get the best ROI possible. This means making the carport last. How can you extend its life? Some simple carport maintenance in Phoenix, AZ will protect your carport and create the longevity you desire.
Use the following maintenance tips to properly maintain your carport and enjoy a solid, secure structure for years to come. For additional information on carport maintenance in Phoenix, AZ, contact your local carport experts at Diamondback Carports:
- Check it: When was the last time you inspected the roof of your carport? This task should be completed on a regular basis. An inspection is also important after each storm. High winds and debris can cause undetectable damage to the roof. An inspection will reveal this damage so you can make repairs before it worsens. Make it a habit to perform an inspection at the beginning of each month and after each severe weather episode.
- Clear it: Keep gutter and downspout systems clear of debris. Clean out gutters each season to ensure proper drainage. This will protect your carport’s roof, structure, interior contents and surrounding landscaping from damage. Keeping your gutters clear decreases the chances of moisture damage and also reduces the risk of fire.
- Cut it: Is your carport near any vegetation? Regular pruning is an important part of carport maintenance in Phoenix, AZ. Overhanging trees, nearby bushes and creeping vines can greatly affect the health of your structure. To extend the life of your carport, cut away growth regularly. Cut away branches that could fall on the structure. Prune vines and bushes to avoid overgrowth that can damage the carport.
- Clean it: Like any property or piece of equipment, carports last longer when they are well maintained. This includes cleaning. Keep the structure free of cobwebs, dust accumulation and other dirt and debris. Keep an eye out for animal infestations, which can cause damage, and remember that a clean, well-sealed carport is less inviting to pests than a poorly maintained one.
- Cure it: Does your carport have any damage? Don’t put off repairs. Minor issues can quickly become major concerns. By curing small ailments as soon as possible, you can avoid more extensive damage that will shorten the life of your carport (and cost more to repair). If you need assistance with carport maintenance in Phoenix, AZ, don’t hesitate to contact a professional for service. You’ll save money in the long run as you extend the life of your carport.
Call the Pros
By following these fairly simple tips for carport maintenance in Phoenix, AZ, you can greatly increase the life expectancy of your carport. For additional tips or for assistance with any of these issues, feel free to contact the professionals at Diamondback Carports. We’ve been the region’s go-to source for carports since 1988. Our team specializes in the installation and repair of steel carports, canopies, solar structures, pergolas and metal buildings, as well as fence and gate installation. Reach out to us today with any questions or to get started on your next project.
Categorised in: Uncategorized