A carport is a safe and secure place to store your car, lawnmower and tools. Under a carport, all of your belongings are safe from rain, wind and all of the other elements that could cause damage. Unfortunately, it’s also this attribute that makes a carport a fantastic nesting spot for birds and other critters seeking shelter.
Why is nesting a problem?
You may think having a family of birds living in your carport could be cute and almost like living in a Disney movie. Trust us—it’s not! Here’s why carport nesting prevention in Phoenix, AZ is so crucial:
- Carport issues: Birds are well known in the carport world for causing a host of problems. Their nests are messy and can make your carport less structurally sound over time. On top of the nest itself, you’ll constantly have birds in and around your carport, scratching it up with their feet and making a mess with their droppings.
- Car damage: One of the reasons you park your vehicle in your carport is to protect it from pests and critters. If those pests live in or on your carport, your ride is no longer safe! Birds are bound to scratch up your paint job and leave droppings all over your hood, roof and windshield.
Ways to prevent a nest
Though birds are seemingly everywhere you look, it’s fairly easy to prevent one from building a nest where you don’t want one with a little carport maintenance in Phoenix, AZ. Follow these tips and you’ll never have to worry about birds nesting in your carport:
- Build in the right location: Nesting prevention starts on day one with installation. Avoid building your carport under trees or near bushes where birds are known to hang out, and you’ll reduce the risk of the pests building nests under your carport.
- Hire a professional for installation: Though it’s possible to set up your carport by yourself, we always recommend hiring a professional to handle the job. The pros know how and where to install carports to minimize the risk of birds’ nests becoming an issue down the road. On top of that, professional installation guarantees your carport will stand the test of time without collapsing or having other issues.
- Set up a deterrent: Birds making unwanted nests in carports is a significant problem across the country. For that reason, companies manufacture devices to keep them at bay. There are plenty of products on the market that create annoying sounds that’ll make birds think twice before setting up shop in your carport.
- Keep an eye out: If you notice any birds or critters hanging out around your carport, call a pest control company to get them out of there! A professional can safely relocate the nest to ensure the birds aren’t a problem moving forward.
If you’re having an issue with carport nesting in Phoenix, AZ, be sure to address the problem right away by contacting our team at Diamondback Carports! We’ll send one of our pros out to your home or office right away to diagnose and resolve the problem.
Categorised in: Uncategorized