Owning a carport requires more than simply installing it and then parking your car under it every day. There’s some basic maintenance you’ll need to do to ensure it lasts for a long time and looks as good as possible. One of the essential types of maintenance is trimming the tree limbs that surround your carport. Keep reading to learn more about the importance of tree trimming and general steel carport maintenance in Phoenix, AZ:
- Prevent scratches: The biggest threat tree branches pose to your carport is long, gnarly scratches. Scratches make your carport look shoddy, and can even make it less structurally sound in the long run. You can’t prevent the wind from blowing tree branches around, but you can trim the branches so they don’t come anywhere near your carport.
- Deter rust: All of the scratches mentioned above leave your steel carport vulnerable to the elements. If you’re not quick to repaint or touch up any of those marks, your carport may start to get rusty. Before long, more and more paint will start to flake off and your shiny carport will be overtaken by an unattractive rusty look.
- Avert mold growth: Overgrown branches are bound to drop leaves and smaller twigs down onto your carport. All of those leaves and debris don’t just look unattractive—they’re also a breeding ground for mold and fungus. The only way to ensure you don’t have a buildup of leaves is to keep those limbs trimmed and far away from your carport.
Other kinds of maintenance
Trimming those trees isn’t the only necessary steel carport maintenance in Phoenix, AZ. Here’s what else you need to do to ensure your carport stands the test of time:
- Regular inspections: One of the best ways to ensure your carport is in tip-top shape is to do a quick checkup every once in a while. You don’t need to go overboard, checking every minute detail, but it’s not a bad idea to get on a ladder and inspect the top of your carport for any damage, particularly after a hailstorm or other severe weather event.
- Cleaning: The next time you’re cleaning your car, take a moment to clean your carport as well. A clean carport looks a whole lot better than a dirty one, and it’s less susceptible to rust or mold growth. All it takes is a little soap and water to bring it back to like-new condition.
- Make minor repairs: A small scratch or a tiny dent might not look like much of an issue to you, but those are problems you should address sooner rather than later. As mentioned above, a tiny scratch can turn into a nasty rust spot if you’re not careful. The same goes for dents or dings from hail. If you can’t handle the repairs yourself, talk to a professional about getting your carport back to normal.
Whatever type of steel carport maintenance in Phoenix, AZ you require, be sure to choose Diamondback Carports to tackle the job for you! From installation to repairs, our team of experts can handle all sorts of carport duties. Get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Uncategorized